Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe I got from an old friend, it's origins are unknown to me. Very simple to prepare and very good to eat. Cook time does not include cooking the linguine.
- 1 (16 ounce) packagecooked linguine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups clam juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 (6 1/2 ounce) cansdrained minced clams (You can reduce the amount of clams to suit your taste. I will only use Groton's)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in moderate sized pot, add oil and fresh garlic.
- Saute until garlic is soft and golden, but not too brown.
- Stir in flour and blend.
- Slowly add clam juice, simmering until sauce thickens a tad.
- Add the oregano, basil, red pepper, and clams.
- Simmer for about two minutes or until clams are heated through.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over cooked linguine.
- Garnish with parsley.