In ' On Top of Spaghetti...' by Johanne Killeen and George Germon
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup finely minced fresh clams with their juice
- 1 2/3 cups pureed canned tomatoes
- 1 chopped fresh hot pepper (or 1/4 t. cayenne)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb dried linguine
- 4 -6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- homemade toasted breadcrumbs (optional)
- 1Add the olive oil, onions, carrots, celery, garlic, and parsley in a large straight-sided saute pan.
- 2Cook the vegetables over medium heat until soft without browning, about 10 minutes.
- 3Add the wine; increase heat, and cook at a brisk boil until most of the wine is evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- 4Add the clams, tomatoes, hot pepper, and a generous grinding of black pepper.
- 5Bring to a boil, decrease heat, and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- 6Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
- 7When the sauce is nearly finished, generously salt the pasta water and drop in the linguine.
- 8Cook at a rapid boil, stirring frequently, until al dente.
- 9Drain pasta and add to the saute pan.
- 10Toss with 4 tablespoons of butter, or more to taste.
- 11The sauce should be glossy and clinging to the strands of linquine.
- 12Serve immediately with the bread crumbs.
Browse Our Top Clams Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguine With Clam Bolognese
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.6
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 84.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: