Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Light, quick and easy to make. Comes from Food and Wine Magazine
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped marjoram
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 (5 ounce) bags Baby Spinach, prewashed
- 3 ounces asiago cheese, coarsely shredded
- 3 ounces Fontina cheese, coarsely shredded
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese, finely grated
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the linguine until al dente.
- Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of olive oil with the garlic, thyme and marjoram.
- Cut chicken into 3-by-1/2-inch strips, then add to bowl, Season with salt and pepper and toss.
- Heat a large skillet, Add the spinach and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until wilted, Transfer to a colander and drain well.
- Wipe out the skillet, Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil until shimmering, Add the chicken and marinade, Cook over moderately high heat until just cooked through, about 3 minutes, Toss in the spinach.
- Return the pasta to the pot, Add the chicken, spinach, Asiago, Fontina and half of the Parmesan, Add 3/4 cup of the reserved water.
- Cook over low heat, tossing, until creamy, 1 minute; add more water if needed.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a bowl, sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan.