Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I adapted this recipe from Cooking Light Five Star Recipes: The Best of 10 Years. My husband liked it so much that I thought I should write it down before I forget what I did.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley (or 4 T chopped fresh)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup crumbled feta, divided
- salt and pepper
- chopped kalamata olive (optional)
- cooked linguine (or pasta of choice)
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat, add onion and garlic and saute 30-60 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, parsley, oregano and lemon juice. Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken, spinach and wine, cook 3-5 minutes more till heated through.
- Pour sauce over cooked pasta, top each serving with crumbled feta. I would have topped with some kalamata olives - but I didn't have any - next time!
this was good. it was quick and easy to throw together. thanks
This is my absolute MOST favorite pasta dish to date!! The combination of the flavors is absloutely DELICIOUS!! Definitely a keeper:)
We loved this! So easy and goes together so quickly, plus it's super delish! The sauce went together in the time it took to get the pasta ready -- my kind of meal on a busy weeknight! The changes I made was using fresh oregano and using the whole package of frozen spinach (10 oz). I also added the olives which were recommended! Thanks for sharing this keeper which will be a regular on our table!