1/3 Photos of Linguine With Chicken Ragu
1 hr 45 mins
Another recipe I adopted from Giada's site. WONDERFUL! I highly recommend making the marinara sauce from Giada listed at the bottom of this recipe for the best flavor. I don't think the average jar sauce will do this justice. I like to freeze batches of marinara and just thaw as I need for my recipes. If you do this, you can whip this together in no time! My family adores this. I also usually serve this over spaghetti rather than linguine...personal preference. KEEP IN MIND THE MARINARA MAKES 2 QUARTS - YOU ONLY NEED 4 CUPS FOR THIS RECIPE SO NUTRITION INFO WILL BE OFF SINCE YOU'LL BE SAVING SOME OF THE SAUCE.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, finely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 1 lb linguine
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Marinara Sauce (use 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 (32 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, season with salt and pepper, and cook until the juices evaporate and the chicken is golden, about 10 minutes. Add the shallots and garlic and saute until tender, about 2 minutes. Add the wine and stir to scrape up any brown bits on the bottom of the skillet. Add the rosemary and mix well. Add the marinara sauce and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer gently until the flavors blend, about 10 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the linguine and cook until al dente, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid. Add the linguine to the ragu and toss to coat, adding some reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Transfer the pasta to a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.
- 3MARINARA DIRECTIONS.
- 4In a large casserole pot, heat the oil over a medium-high flame. Add the onions and garlic and saute until the onions are translucent, about 10 minutes. Add the celery, carrots, and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Saute until all the vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes and bay leaves, and simmer uncovered over low heat until the sauce thickens, about 1 hour. Remove and discard the bay leaf. Season the sauce with more salt and pepper, to taste. (The sauce can be made 1 day ahead. Cool, then cover and refrigerate. Rewarm over medium heat before using.).
- 5Yield: 2 quarts.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguine With Chicken Ragu
Serving Size: 1 (611 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 836.4
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 1069.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.6 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 32.6 g