Prep 15 mins
Cook 28 mins
- 1 lb linguine or 1 lb spaghetti or 1 lb thin spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 (2 inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1⁄3 cup spicy teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a food processor or blender, puree together all the ingredients for the sauce.
- When the pasta is done, drain and rinse with cold water; drain again.
- Lay the chicken in a jellyroll pan and pour half the sauce over it.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through, turning halfway into cooking.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and slice it.
- In a large serving bowl, toss the pasta with the peas, red pepper, celery, chicken broth and remaining sauce.
- Arrange the chicken slices on top and serve.