Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found on a bag of cherry tomatoes (DQ produce), thought it looked interesting and decided to get it somewhere I could find it easily.
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 lb cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely chopped
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 2 ounces pancetta, cooked and chopped
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 lb linguine
- In a large pan, sweat bacon, shallots and garlic. Lightly cook, but do not brown. Deglaze with vodka.
- Add cherry tomatoes, heavy cream and tomato paste. Reduce to a sauce-like consistency. Add butter and torn basil.
- Cook linguine in boiling water until al dente, about 5-7 minutes, then strain.
- Add linguine to the sauce pot and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with parmesan.