"Choose a firm cauliflower with crisp green leaves which can be refrigerated, tightly wrapped, for three to five days." This is another side dish that sounded very appealing! It was on Martha Stewart's web site and we have tweaked it ever so slightly; we added some nuts for more crunch and red pepper flakes for some heat. It was very, very good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup store-bought croutons or 3 slices bread
- 6 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 lbs cauliflower, cut into florets
- salt, to taste
- fresh coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 lb linguine
- 10 fresh sage leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- toasted & chopped almonds, for garnish
- 1Place croutons in a plastic bag, and crush to coarse crumbs with a rolling pin. (If using bread, grind in a food processor, and toast in a dry skillet until golden, 2 to 3 minutes, shaking skillet frequently to toast evenly.)
- 2In a large skillet, melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter over medium-low heat.
- 3Add cauliflower florets and 1/4 teaspoon salt; sauté 15 minutes.
- 4Add 1/4 cup water; cook until cauliflower is tender when pierced with a sharp knife, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- 5In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook linguine until al dente, according to package instructions, about 10 minutes.
- 6Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
- 7In pasta pot, melt remaining 5 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
- 8Stir in sage and shallot; cook until butter is golden brown, 3 minutes.
- 9Add pasta, cauliflower, parsley, and Parmesan; season with salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes, if using.
- 10Toss to combine.
- 11Add reserved cooking water if pasta seems dry.
- 12To serve, sprinkle with breadcrumbs, more Parmesan and chopped & toasted almonds.
- 13Enjoy with a roasted chicken breast and a robust green salad with tomatoes, avocados, & puprle onion with a champagne vinaigrette. Let's not forget the wine!
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguine With Cauliflower and Brown Butter
Serving Size: 1 (461 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 743.6
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 60.6 mg
- Sodium 493.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 26.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves