I thought this sounded different so I tried it and loved it. The flavors go really well together even though they sound strange at first.
- 4 long slender carrots, peeled (about 9 ounces total)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon packed finely grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 bell peppers, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch strips (yellow or orange)
- 8 ounces linguine
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Run vegetable peeler down length of each carrot, shaving into ribbons.
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add lemon peel and ginger; stir 1 minute.
- Add carrots and bell peppers. Sauté until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Add pasta, 1/4 cup reserved cooking liquid, cheese, and lemon juice to skillet with sauce. Toss until sauce coats pasta, adding more cooking liquid if dry. Season to taste with salt and pepper.