1/2 Photos of Linguine With Carrot Ribbons and Lemon-Ginger Butter
New Veggie's Note:
I thought this sounded different so I tried it and loved it. The flavors go really well together even though they sound strange at first.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 long slender carrots, peeled (about 9 ounces total)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon packed finely grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 bell peppers, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch strips (yellow or orange)
- 8 ounces linguine
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1Run vegetable peeler down length of each carrot, shaving into ribbons.
- 2Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add lemon peel and ginger; stir 1 minute.
- 3Add carrots and bell peppers. Sauté until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, cook pasta until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- 5Add pasta, 1/4 cup reserved cooking liquid, cheese, and lemon juice to skillet with sauce. Toss until sauce coats pasta, adding more cooking liquid if dry. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguine With Carrot Ribbons and Lemon-Ginger Butter
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.3
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 45.1 mg
- Sodium 383.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 15.1 g