Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From 365 Ways to Cook Pasta.
- 6 slices bacon, cut in 1/2 in pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, quartered, and cut in thin strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 lb linguine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
- Cook bacon in a medium skillet until partially browned; drain off most of the fat.
- Add the olive oil; heat over low heat; add the onion; saute until soft and edges begin to turn golden, about 8 minutes.
- Add the garli; saute 1 minute. Stir in the olive.
- Meanwhile, cook the linguine in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Toss with the onion and bacon and parsley. Sprinkle with pepper and grated cheese.