VKuuipo Bridges's Note:
My mouth is just watering thinking about this recipe. Another recipe that takes about 30 minutes. TIP: Capers and olives are often packed in brine, which can make a dish very salty. If you are watching your salt intake, rinse them before cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 (6 3/4 ounce) jar Spanish olives, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) jar capers, drained and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 (1 lb) box linguine
- 1Heat the olive oil, garlic, and crushed red pepper in a large saucepan over medium heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- 2Add the marinara sauce, olives, capers, parsley, and lemon zest.
- 3Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, cook the linguine according to the package instructions.
- 5Drain and add the linguine to the sauce, tossing the coat.
- 6Transfer to a large serving dish and serve family-style.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguine With Caper and Green Olive Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 683.4
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2472.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 112.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 20.5 g
- Protein 20.2 g