Recipe by Tebo
A very colourful, fresh clean tasting pasta low in fat. A nice change from a heavy sauced pasta.
Top Review by Malriah
A nice change of pace! I had to cook my broccoli longer. It was still too crunchy after the 4 minutes. I added the tomatoes too early so they got mushy. All in all, this is a great recipe. The Asiago cheese was an execellent addtion. I am taking the leftovers to work today for lunch which says it ALL! :o)
- 1 lb linguine or 1 lb fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes (or more)
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets or 4 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (8 oz)
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup asiago cheese, shredded (as a change from paramesan)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook garlic and pepper flakes in oil over med heat for 2 minutes Add broccoli, cover and cook 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add parsley, salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta reserving 3/4 cup of cooking water.
- Combine broccoli mixture and pasta.
- Toss to coat adding enough water to moisten.
- Serve with Asiago cheese.