Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
An attractive and yummy combination from the Frog Commissary Cookbook. Though I've never tried it, this would probably work with shrimp as well.
- Peel broccoli stems and cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Blanch broccoli in boiling salted water, drain and refresh under cold water, drain and set aside.
- Cook linguine til al dente in a large pot of boiling water. Drain well and toss with 1/4 cup butter.
- Heat remaining 1/2 cup butter in a large skillet.
- Add garlic and saute till softened.
- Add scallops, salt and pepper.
- Saute 3 minutes or till scallops are opaque.
- Add broccoli and heat 1 minute.
- Add pasta and heat through.
- Add cheese and serve at once.
A terrific way to use bay scallops! Quite an easy recipe, too. The butter sauce is nice and garlicky. I cut the butter down to 1/2 cup total and cut the salt in half. Just to streamline a bit, I added the broccoli to the boiling pasta water during it's last 3 minutes of cooking time. Yes, I'm sure this would be quite good with shrimp also. I'll have to try that! Thanx!
I made a half recipe of this, except I only used 1/4 c butter. I made it with scallops but would love to try it with shrimp, too. Delicious!
Delicious! We loved this but I only used one teaspoon salt which was perfect for us. I think the amount of butter could be decreased just a hair, but we enjoyed it with all the yummy garlicy butter sauce. Thanks for sharing!