Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From "The Splendid Table". So easy to make and very satisfying. If you can get a really really good artisan-made balsamic vinegar don't use the brown sugar.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 lb linguine
- 3 tablespoons butter (Use a GOOD flavorful butter. I use Plugra)
- salt and pepper
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 8 -10 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- In a large heavy skillet heat the 3 tbsp oil oover medium heat.
- Add garlic and lower the heat
- Cover and cook on low for about 5 minutes.
- Uncover and cook until the garlic is barely colored, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Do not let the garlic brown or it will become bitter.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Remove garlic from the oil and discard if you wish.
- Toss pasta with the oil and add the butter tossing to melt.
- Toss with the cheese and salt and pepper.
- Mix the brown sugar with the balsamic vinegar.
- As you serve the pasta sprinkle each serving with a teaspoon or so of the balsamic mixture.
So easy & delicious. This pasta lover will definitely be making again & again.