Recipe by Julesong
Simple, rich, and elegant, here's a recipe that'll tantalize your guests with its aroma!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon chopped prosciutto
- 1 lb tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed basil leaves, stems removed and chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb regular linguine or 1 lb spinach linguine, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, heat olive oil and butter over low heat; add garlic, shallot, prosciutto, and tomatoes and sauté until tomatoes begin to soften.
- Add the cream and cook, stirring, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped basil, season to taste with salt and pepper, and toss with hot pasta.
- Garnish with grated Parmesan or Asiago.
- Makes about 3 to 4 servings.