Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Cooking Light. Serving size: 1 1/3 c. pasta. Per serving: 383 calories, 9.5 g fat, 15.7 g protein, 59.8 g carb, 6.8 g fiber 15 mg cholesterol.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped leek
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat-free chicken broth, divided
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen green peas
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 (8 ounce) packages sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups hot cooked linguine (about 12 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add in leeks; stir/saute 3 minutes.
- Stir in 3/4 cup broth and peas; bring to a boil.
- Partially cover, lower heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Place 1 1/2 cups pea mixture, 3/4 cup broth, 1 cup basil leaves, and oil in a blender; process until smooth.
- Put pureed pea mixture in a big bowl.
- Stir in remaining pea mixture.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add in mushrooms and garlic; stir/saute 6 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir mushroom mixture, pasta, salt, and pepper into pea mixture.
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons chopped basil over each serving.