Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Easy Home Cooking Magazine. This recipe is simply delicious, and another nice way to use asparagus.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 16 ounces linguine, uncooked, broken in half
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup asiago cheese, shredded or 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup pitted sliced ripe olives
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Place 3 qts. of water in Dutch oven. Cover, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Drop asparagus into boiling water. Boil 1-2 mins., or until crisp-tender. Remove with slotted spoon. Rinse under cold water. Drain.
- Add linguine to boiling water. Cook according to package directions, until al dente. Drain.
- Combine linguine and butter in lg. bowl. Toss gently until butter is melted.
- Add asparagus, cheese, sour cream, and olives. Toss gently until linguine is coated, and cheese is melted.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
I was not impressed with this. The sour cream didn't provide enough liquid to make it saucy.
We thought this meal was quick and easy to make for a weeknight, but was fairly bland despite the olives & cheese. We'd have it again, but are not in a hurry to cook it. We probably wouldn't serve it to company.
I really enjoyed this recipe. I used parmesan cheese and it was excellent!!