Kozmic Blues's Note:
This is a lovely vegetarian Italian pasta dish. One hint: please try and slice your 8 garlic cloves as thin as possible to really give this dish that wonderful garlic flavor. Also, feel free to sub. chicken stock for the vegetable if you prefer meat. I've also used both fresh and canned plum tomatoes in this. Both work fine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 8 artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/4 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth or 1 1/4 cups vegetable stock (can substitute chicken stock as well)
- 4 plum tomatoes, coursely chopped
- 8 -12 basil leaves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb linguine (or pasta of your choice)
- freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add sliced garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes, until just golden and the smell intensifies.
- 3Add the artichoke hearts, olives and broth and bring mixture to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat to low and allow the liquid to simmer for about 5 minutes, or until reduced by about half.
- 5Add tomatoes and basil, and cook for another couple minutes to heat through the tomatoes.
- 6Taste the liquid, and season with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- 7While sauce cooks, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- 8Add the linguine and cook from about 7 minutes or until al dente.
- 9Drain pasta and slide it into a serving bowl.
- 10Top pasta with the sauce and toss lightly to combine.
- 11Sprinkle top with fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguine with Artichokes and Olives
Serving Size: 1 (449 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 693.3
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 877.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 117.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.9 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 24.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: