Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Linguine With Artichokes and Lemon recipe from Food.com.
- 9 ounces fresh linguine
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and quartered
- 3⁄4 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth or 3⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- lemon wedge
- In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring 3 quarts water to a boil.
- Add linguine and stir occasionally until barely tender to bite, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, stir onions and rosemary in oil until onions are limp, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add artichoke hearts, broth, wine, cream, and lemon peel; stir until boiling, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta and return to pan. Add artichoke sauce, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Lift with two spoons to mix. (If pasta has cooled, stir over medium heat until hot.)
- Pour into a wide serving bowl or distribute among plates. Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over pasta.
- Variation: Substitute sliced red and yellow bell peppers for the artichoke hearts, or mushrooms for the artichokes and sherry for the white wine.