Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Linguine Primavera With Creamy Cashew Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb whole wheat linguine
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 small zucchini, cut into half circles
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 6 scallions, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- black pepper
- parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine in large pot of lightly salted boiling water, stirring occasionally, according to package directions. After 7 minutes, add asparagus and zucchini. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until pasta is al dente and vegetables are tender, 5-7 minutes. Drain well and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, put cashews, onion powder and salt in blender and pulverize. Add milk and blend until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Add cashew mixture, tomatoes, scallions, basil, parsley, salt and pepper to pasta mixture. Sprinkle with cheese as desired. Toss gently to combine, and heat over low, stirring frequently until hot.