Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This dish would be more wonderful if you drink it with chardonay or white wine
- 1 1⁄2 lbs linguine
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves, cut into ribbons
- grated parmesan cheese
- Set salted water to boil for pasta.
- Once water is boiling, cook linguine until al dente.
- In the meantime, purée basil, pine nuts, Parmesan, garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper in a food.
- processor or blender.
- If the pesto seems too thick, you may thin slightly using the pasta water.
- Drain linguine well and toss together with pesto.
- Mound pasta on individual plates or a.
- warm platter and garnish with the basil leaf ribbons and grated Parmesan.