- 1 lb linguine, cooked according to package directions
- 10 cups chicken broth or 2 1⁄2 quarts chicken broth
- 1 pinch saffron
- 2 teaspoons tarragon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 lb sweet butter
- fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- PLACE chicken broth in a saucepot and bring to a simmer.
- CHOP saffron carefully and add it to broth along with the tarragon. Let broth reduce to 1/3 quart. Add cream and reduce sauce to desired consistency. Strain the sauce and add butter a little at a time.
- HOLD sauce until ready to serve. Add drained pasta to sauce and stir to thorougly coat.
- TRANSFER to large platter and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve immediately.