Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Nice twist on frittatas
Make and share this Linguine Frittata recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces linguine, cooked
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 diced red pepper
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1⁄4 cups egg substitute or 5 whole eggs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat 1 tbs oil in large skillet. Add carrots, onion and garlic and cook 5 minute or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Add asparagus, bell pepper,tomato, basil, marjoram and oregano. Cook 5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- Add veggies to linguine and toss.
- Beat egg substitute (or eggs) until frothy. Stir in cheese, salt, and black pepper. Pour over linguine and toss.
- Heat remaining 2 tbs oil until hot.
- Add linguine mixture spreading evenly.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cook 5 minute or until brown on bottom.
- Place large, rimless plate over skillet and invert frittata onto plate.
- Slide frittata back into skillet and cook other side 5 minutes or until browned on bottom and eggs are set.
- Slide onto plate and cut into wedges.