Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fancy name for crabmeat and pasta. This dish kinda put me in mind of the Red Lobster crab alfredo, but still a bit different. None the less, delicious and easy. I ALWAYS have a can of lump crabmeat in the pantry and this dish is just wonderful for using it!
- 8 ounces linguine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice (1 cup)
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 (6 ounce) can lump crabmeat (pick out any foreign objects!)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cool the pasta as directed on the box.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring often until softened, for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook for about 1 minute.
- Whisk in the clam juice and cream; bring to a boil, whisking continuously.
- Drain pasta and return to the pot. Stir in the crab, cream sauce, parsley, and cheese. Toss to combine all the ingredients. Squeeze in lemon juice and stir again.
A while ago my cat got sick and my vet told me to buy some clam juice and sprinkle it over her food to see if I could get her to eat. It didn't work and I ended up with an (almost) full bottle of clam juice and no idea what do to with it. This recipe was perfect since I love white sauce pastas but find them too rich for my tummy in recent years. This one was pretty rich, but not too much. I subbed angel hair pasta for the linguine, skipped the salt & pepper (honestly I forgot about it since it never mentioned it in the directions) and used cilantro instead of parsley (since that is what I had in the fridge). Oh, and I didn't have any fresh lemons so I used a few squirts from store bought lemon juice. This was really great even with all my changes.