1/1 Photo of Linguine Con Vongole With Peas
I like my clams just opened so they are removed from the pan when they just open up and returned right before serving to prevent from overcooking. Do not overcook linguine initially since it will be cooked with the sauce right before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb dry linguine
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 lbs clams, scrubbed and rinsed well
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup clam juice (of your choice, can use crab) or 1 cup seafood stock (of your choice, can use crab)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2-2/3 cup peas
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- black pepper
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1Prepare the sauce while the pasta is cooking to so that the linguine will be ready when the sauce is almost done.
- 2Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not over cook - al dente. Drain the pasta well.
- 3Heat the olive oil over medium flame in a deep pan with a lid. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes; saute for about a minute. Add the clams, wine, clam juice and lemon juice.
- 4Cover and cook until clams are just opened shaking perodically, about 5 minutes. Discard any that have not opened. Remove the clams and cover the clams with foil to keep warm.
- 5Increase the heat to medium high and reduce the sauce a bit, about 1-2 minute. Add the peas to the pan and heat for 1-2 minute. Add the hot, drained linguine to the pan; add the butter and season with salt and pepper. Toss the pasta for a minute or two so linguine takes in some of the sauce.
- 6Divide evenly on the plates and place clams on top. Drizzle olive oil to your taste.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguine Con Vongole With Peas
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 879.8
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 91.0 mg
- Sodium 1536.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.2 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 43.6 g