Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Linguine with Clams and Arugula
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 24 small fresh clams, scrubbed (such as Manila or littleneck)
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped seeded peeled
- 6 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1⁄2 lb linguine
- 1 cup arugula (packed)
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic; saute until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add clams, 1/2 cup tomatoes and wine; bring to boil. Cover; cook until clams open, about 8 minutes.
- Using tongs, transfer clams to bowl; discard any that do not open. Cover clams with foil.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine in large pot of boiling salted water until 'al dente'.
- Drain pasta. Add to skillet.
- Add arugula and 1/2 cup tomatoes; toss over high heat until pasta is coated, 2 minutes.
- Place pasta in large bowl. Top with clams. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Great pasta. I used less oil and added lemon, salt and pepper to it.
This is a great dish! All the ingredients combined are wonderful. I did add some lemon zest. I wish I would have doubled this recipe!!