Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Comfort food. This Carbonara is simple to make and tastes great - even better the next day. It's not traditional in the sense that there are no peas or eggs (kind of a big deal), but Carbonara is what we call it around here!
- Marinate the chicken breasts in Italian dressing.
- Chop bacon into 1/4" pieces and fry over medium-high heat in a large saucepan until well done. Drain off the bacon fat.
- In the meantime, cook the noodles and broil or barbecue the chicken. Dice the chicken in to bite-sized pieces.
- Into the hot bacon, add the diced tomatoes, then the red pepper flakes, chicken and any chicken drippings. Bring to a boil, then simmer gently until slightly reduced.
- Remove from heat and stir in the evaporated milk and thick cream.
- Serve over linguine noodles with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
My husband's new favorite, too! I used some homemade dressing (by BoneMan) and it worked fine. I used full fat evaporated milk and it does get a little thickened with the tomatoes. I had been wondering if I would need to add a pinch of cornstarch, but I didn't need to. The red pepper flakes add a wonderful zestiness. This is on the order of a Vodka Penne, but without the vodka. This was enjoyed by the whole family so I'll be making again! Roxygirl
Many carbonara recipes here, but this one was so good I registerd for to make a comment!!! Very creamy and delicously spicy, without being rich and over the top. Served up very well. My husband loved it. Is here encouraging me now to say nice things. I am a 1st time poster. Forgive my mistakes. This was an excellent dish and I highly reccomend it.