Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another quick one from Everyday Food.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (28 ounce) canwhole peeled tomatoes with juice, cut into chunks
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb linguine
- coarse salt
- grated parmesan cheese, for serving
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes; cook until garlic is just beginning to brown, careful not to burn.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce and wine.
- Simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta for less than 2 minutes per package instructions for al dente.
- Drain and add pasta to sauce.
- Serve with grated cheese.