Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Dash of liquor makes pasta dish stand out. COOKS Notes: adjust amounts to your taste. Also, think about adding sweet onion and serving grilled Italian sausage on the side. Please note: this is an adopted recipe: Well I never thought of putting strong liqour into pasta, I have tried this recipe myself now with both Vodka and Gin (seperately of course) and experimented with following the recipe exactly or adding the liquor a minute or two before the cream and cooking it a little. Results: the taste is mellow and softer if you cook it a little so it depends entirely on how much flavour you prefer, all versions were very well received here. Have a go yourself and be pleasantly surprised :) ZWT REGION: Italy.
- 3⁄4 lb linguine
- olive oil, to taste
- 6 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup basil, firmly packed and coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup vodka
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a well-oiled large skillet over medium-high heat, saute tomatoes and basil for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Lower heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add vodka and bring to a boil. Add cream and cook, stirring, until heated through.
A nice and easy way to use up basil and tomatoes from the garden, this makes for a good weeknight meal. We would have liked it better, I think, if maybe we included some sauteed garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. All and all this fit the bill tonight. Thanks!
ZWT4: This dish is delicious!! I love the combo of flavors!! The leftovers are heading to work with me tomorrow!
Excellent, nice rich tasty sauce, added shrimp will make again.