Recipe by Jewelies
Smoked chicken is available in our deli's and some supermarkets here in Australia. It is pre-cooked.
Top Review by Michael M.
I had a left over smoked chicken in the fridge that I'd been using for sandwich meat. It needed to be used and this recipe was perfect for a quick easy meal. I used about 3/4 to half the pasta but kept the quantities the same for the sauce and the rest of the ingredients. I had a bit of trouble keeping the heat down on the pan to prevent the sour cream from boiling, but maybe this was just a matter of using a smaller burner. Anyway, overall I think the recipe is quite nice and simple. Definitely good if you're after a quick easy meal.
- 500 g linguine
- 3 (200 g) smoked chicken breasts (about 200g each)
- 300 g sour cream
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the linguine in a large saucepan of boiling water according to the packet instructions. Drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup water in case you need to thin the sauce.
- Meanwhile, cut the smoked chicken breasts into thin slices.
- Put the sour cream in a skillet and warm it over a low heat until it thins. Do not boil or the sour cream will separate.
- Stir in the mustard and chicken and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Toss the linguine into the sauce and mix well. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve immediately.