Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This makes a quick and delicious dinner or side dish. Make sure you use good quality extra-virgin olive oil. Feel free to add your own vegetables to this as well.
- 1 lb linguine
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, finely grated
- Cook pasta as package directs.
- Gently heat oil, garlic, salt, red pepper and tomatoes in a covered pan over very low heat just until garlic is soft.
- Remove 3/4 cup pasta cooking water.
- Drain pasta; transfer to a serving bowl.
- Toss with oil mixture, the water and remaining ingredients.