Recipe by lazyme
The juices from the clams combine with spicy Asian flavors to make a great pasta sauce. From epicurious.com. I'm not a huge fan of cilantro, so I will cut back on it when I make this.
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 tablespoons canned low sodium chicken broth
- 6 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 6 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 4 teaspoons oriental sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons minced seeded jalapeno chilies
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 32 littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 12 ounces linguine, freshly cooked
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Place 2 large baking sheets in oven to heat.
- Cut 4 sheets of foil, each about 18 inches long.
- Place 1 foil sheet on work surface.
- Arrange 1/4 cup cilantro on 1 half of foil.
- Top with 1 tablespoon broth, 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce, 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 1 teaspoon jalapeno and 1/2 teaspoon garlic.
- Arrange 8 clams atop.
- Fold foil over, enclosing contents completely and crimping edges tightly to seal.
- Repeat with remaining 3 foil sheets, cilantro, broth, soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, jalapeno, garlic and clams.
- Place foil packets on heated baking sheets.
- Bake until clams open, about 20 minutes (discard any that do not open).
- Divide linguine among 4 bowls.
- Open 1 foil packet over pasta in each bowl to retain juices.
- Sprinkle with bell pepper and green onions and serve.