The juices from the clams combine with spicy Asian flavors to make a great pasta sauce. From epicurious.com. I'm not a huge fan of cilantro, so I will cut back on it when I make this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 tablespoons canned low sodium chicken broth
- 6 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 6 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 4 teaspoons oriental sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons minced seeded jalapeno chilies
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 32 littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 12 ounces linguine, freshly cooked
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F
- 2Place 2 large baking sheets in oven to heat.
- 3Cut 4 sheets of foil, each about 18 inches long.
- 4Place 1 foil sheet on work surface.
- 5Arrange 1/4 cup cilantro on 1 half of foil.
- 6Top with 1 tablespoon broth, 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce, 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 1 teaspoon jalapeno and 1/2 teaspoon garlic.
- 7Arrange 8 clams atop.
- 8Fold foil over, enclosing contents completely and crimping edges tightly to seal.
- 9Repeat with remaining 3 foil sheets, cilantro, broth, soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, jalapeno, garlic and clams.
- 10Place foil packets on heated baking sheets.
- 11Bake until clams open, about 20 minutes (discard any that do not open).
- 12Divide linguine among 4 bowls.
- 13Open 1 foil packet over pasta in each bowl to retain juices.
- 14Sprinkle with bell pepper and green onions and serve.
Browse Our Top Clams Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguine and Clams in Ginger-Soy Broth
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.7
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 34.8 mg
- Sodium 976.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 29.4 g