Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
love the clams love the sauce
- 1 lb linguine, 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 lbs littleneck clams, scrubbed and purged in water
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup clam juice
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the linguine and cook until al dente, 8 to 9 minutes.
- Drain the pasta in a colander, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Return the pasta to the pot and toss with the cooking liquid.
- Cover and set aside.
- In a large, heavy saute pan or medium pot, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook, stirring, until soft, 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, oregano, salt, and red pepper flakes, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the wine and clam juice and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the clams, cover, and shaking occasionally, cook until the clams open, about 5 minutes.
- Discard any unopened clams.
- Add the cream and lemon juice, stir well, and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add the cooked pasta and toss to coat.
- Add the extra-virgin olive oil and parsley, and toss to coat.
- Divide among serving bowls and top each portion with cheese.
- Serve immediately.