Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Linguine with Fried Zucchini and Ricotta is a Sicilian specialty, taken from Italian Home Recipes and posted for ZWT7
- Scrub zucchini and blot dry with paper towel.
- Trim both ends and cut into 2-inch lenghts. Slice again lengthwise into 1/2-inch widths.
- Layer zucchini slices on a platter with paper towels between layers to absorb moisture.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat until haze forms. Add garlic and saute, stirring constantly, until very lightly golden.
- With a spoon, remove garlic and reserve.
- Fry zucchini in two or three batches until golden on both sides. Transfer to a platter lined with paper towel.
- Season with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Remove pan from heat and let oil cool a little; return garlic to pan. Set aside.
- Cook pasta in 6 quarts boiling water with 1 tablespoon salt until al dente. Drain pasta in colander and transfer to a bowl; very quickly toss with oil-garlic mixture.
- Toss pasta again with half of the fried zucchini and romano cheese.
- Place individual servings of pasta in bowls and place 3 or 4slices of fried zucchini on top of each.
- Spoon 2 Tablespoons of ricotta on top of zucchini.
- Serve with remaining ricotta and additional grated Romano cheese.