Linguine with Fried Zucchini and Ricotta is a Sicilian specialty, taken from Italian Home Recipes and posted for ZWT7
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scrub zucchini and blot dry with paper towel.
- 2Trim both ends and cut into 2-inch lenghts. Slice again lengthwise into 1/2-inch widths.
- 3Layer zucchini slices on a platter with paper towels between layers to absorb moisture.
- 4In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat until haze forms. Add garlic and saute, stirring constantly, until very lightly golden.
- 5With a spoon, remove garlic and reserve.
- 6Fry zucchini in two or three batches until golden on both sides. Transfer to a platter lined with paper towel.
- 7Season with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- 8Remove pan from heat and let oil cool a little; return garlic to pan. Set aside.
- 9Cook pasta in 6 quarts boiling water with 1 tablespoon salt until al dente. Drain pasta in colander and transfer to a bowl; very quickly toss with oil-garlic mixture.
- 10Toss pasta again with half of the fried zucchini and romano cheese.
- 11Place individual servings of pasta in bowls and place 3 or 4slices of fried zucchini on top of each.
- 12Spoon 2 Tablespoons of ricotta on top of zucchini.
- 13Serve with remaining ricotta and additional grated Romano cheese.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguine Alla Lorenza
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 913.3
- Calories from Fat 400
- Total Fat 44.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 58.4 mg
- Sodium 414.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 33.2 g