This is our adaption from a recipe from the red crustacean.
Make and share this Linguine Alfredo recipe from Food.com.
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 158.51 ml chicken broth
- 78.07 ml white wine, dry
- 236.59 ml heavy cream (whipping)
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml parsley, chopped
- 1.23 ml dried basil
- 1.23 ml dried oregano
- 226.79 g package linguine, cooked and drained
- 453.59 g shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed (optional)
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic; reduce heat to low.
- Simmer until garlic is tender.
- If adding shrimp, add to skillet and cook over medium-low heat until opaque.
- Remove shimp; reserve liquid in pan.
- Add chicken broth; bring to a boil.
- Add wine; cook over medium-high heat 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low; add cream, stirring constantly.
- Add cheese; stir until smooth.
- Cook until thickened.
- Add shrimp to sauce. Heat through.
- Add lemon juice, parsley, basil, and oregano.
- Pour over linguine in bowl; toss gently to coat.
- Serve with additional grated parmesan cheese, if desired.