Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is our adaption from a recipe from the red crustacean.
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 158.51 ml chicken broth
- 78.07 ml white wine, dry
- 236.59 ml heavy cream (whipping)
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml parsley, chopped
- 1.23 ml dried basil
- 1.23 ml dried oregano
- 226.79 g package linguine, cooked and drained
- 453.59 g shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed (optional)
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic; reduce heat to low.
- Simmer until garlic is tender.
- If adding shrimp, add to skillet and cook over medium-low heat until opaque.
- Remove shimp; reserve liquid in pan.
- Add chicken broth; bring to a boil.
- Add wine; cook over medium-high heat 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low; add cream, stirring constantly.
- Add cheese; stir until smooth.
- Cook until thickened.
- Add shrimp to sauce. Heat through.
- Add lemon juice, parsley, basil, and oregano.
- Pour over linguine in bowl; toss gently to coat.
- Serve with additional grated parmesan cheese, if desired.
Although the end result was at least edible (after I added some salt and pepper), it was NOT like Red Lobster's Shrimp Linguini Alfredo, so seek another recipe if that is what you want. Aside from that, there were three problems. 1)The sautéed garlic, was over done by the time the shrimp finished cooking, it should have been done after the shrimp. 2)The sauce doesn't thicken, ever. 3)No salt? No pepper? Really???
Yum! This was super simple and delish. I didn't use the shrimp this time because I was serving it with Healthier Chicken Marsala. Thanks for sharing, Lynn. Made for Culinary Quest 2014.
Outstanding dish !!! I made 2 variations with 2 serving each.. I made the recipe as posted for DW, and I and I replaced the shrimp with chicken, for the kids. It made for a great lunch, and will make again.. Made for Zaar Stars.