1/5 Photos of Linguine Alfredo
Lavender Lynn's Note:
This is our adaption from a recipe from the red crustacean.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup white wine, dry
- 1 cup heavy cream (whipping)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (8 ounce) package linguine, cooked and drained
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed (optional)
- 1Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add garlic; reduce heat to low.
- 3Simmer until garlic is tender.
- 4If adding shrimp, add to skillet and cook over medium-low heat until opaque.
- 5Remove shimp; reserve liquid in pan.
- 6Add chicken broth; bring to a boil.
- 7Add wine; cook over medium-high heat 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 8Reduce heat to low; add cream, stirring constantly.
- 9Add cheese; stir until smooth.
- 10Cook until thickened.
- 11Add shrimp to sauce. Heat through.
- 12Add lemon juice, parsley, basil, and oregano.
- 13Pour over linguine in bowl; toss gently to coat.
- 14Serve with additional grated parmesan cheese, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguine Alfredo
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.9
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 61.6 mg
- Sodium 229.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 9.6 g