I don't remember where I found this recipe, but it's a really good one for leftover ham and for OAMC. Instead of the 13x9-inch dish, I usually make it in 2 8x8 dishes. Simple and good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 340.19 g linguine
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 340.19 g evaporated milk
- 113.39 g mushrooms
- 314.66 ml water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 946.36 ml cooked ham, cubed
- 118.29 ml romano cheese, grated
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml crouton, seasoned
- 1Cook linguine in a large pot according to the directions, drain and return to the pot.
- 2While the linguine cooks, melt butter or margarine in saucepan.
- 3Stir in flour and salt, adding evaporated milk.
- 4Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 5Boil and stir one more minute.
- 6Add liquid from the mushrooms, water and bouillon cube.
- 7Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until slightly thickened and bubbly.
- 8Add 2 cups of sauce and drained mushrooms to linguine, toss until well mixed.
- 9Spoon linguine mixture in to a 13x9x2 inch baking dish (may want to grease it), pressing it up to the sides and leaving a slight hollow in the center of the dish.
- 105Toss ham into remaining sauce, spread it in the center of the linguine.
- 11Sprinkle with Romano cheese, cover with foil, and freeze dish.
- 12Sauté red and green bell peppers in vegetable oil until soft, allow to cool.
- 13Place in a 1 quart freezer bag, attach this bag and croutons (also in a 1 quart freezer bag) to dish.
- 14To serve: Thaw dish, peppers and croutons.
- 15Bake dish uncovered in a preheated 400ºF oven for 20 minutes.
- 16Before serving, sprinkle croutons around edge of casserole.
- 17Reheat red and green peppers and mound them in the center.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguine Ala Anne - OAMC
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 528.5
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 98.2 mg
- Sodium 544.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 32.5 g