Prep 24 hrs
Cook 2 hrs
- 4 lbs boneless pork butt
- 2 1⁄2-3 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 -7 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 -6 small dried hot chili peppers, crushed
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- Cut pork into cubes, separating lean meat and fat.
- Measure or weigh; you should have equal parts, or 2 pounds each, fat and lean meat.
- Grind coarsely.
- Combine ground meat in large bowl with remaining ingredients, and mix well with your hands or a heavy spoon.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Shape into patties or links.
excellent can't get linguica in w.v and i sure missed it this comes really close.i have a stove top smoker and put it in for about an hour .gave it a nice smokey taste
This review is from my husband.He loves this recipe.We cannot find linguica here,and he was so excited I found this,he made it right away.He says it is great.
I've made linguiÃ‡a many times, but never this way!!! I add bay leafs red wine, but not the cinnamon,or cloves ,nor do we use the water.. and of course it has to be smoked