1/1 Photo of Linguica Con Queso (Cheese-Grilled Sausage)
A popular Brazilian appetizer. Adapted from Planet Barbecue. Try to find the straightest sausage links possible. Other cooked sausage may be substituted; kielbasa is a good alternative.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs linguica sausage (or other cooked sausage)
- 6 ounces coarsely grated cheese (mozzarella, jack, gouda or other soft cheese)
- 1Slice the sausage in half lengthwise.
- 2Preheat grill to medium-high.
- 3Brush and oil grill grate.
- 4Grill sausage, cut side down, until sizzling and golden brown, 3-5 minutes.
- 5Turn sausage over.
- 6Thickly sprinkle cut side with cheese.
- 7Close grill lid and continue grilling until sausage is browned on uncut side and cheese is melted and bubbling, about 3 minutes more.
- 8Using a spatula, carefully transfer the linguica to a cutting board, keeping the cheese on top.
- 9Cut crosswise into 1" pieces.
- 10Serve on toothpicks.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguica Con Queso (Cheese-Grilled Sausage)
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.5
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 13.6 mg
- Sodium 205.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: