1/4 Photos of Linguiça-Stuffed Medjool Dates Wrapped With Bacon
Chef Shocked's Note:
This is a great appetizer for guests. We were originally taught this recipe with chorizo, but we like it better with Linguiça. Just use regular inexpensive bacon. For some reason, we think it just tastes better than the fancy thick cut bacon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Take a small knife and cut a slit down the side of each date and remove the seed. Do not cut the date in half.
- 3Cut the sausage into 6 thin slices (maybe 1/4 inch thick). Now, you have 6 round 1/4 inch slices of sausage. Cut these in half. So, now you have 12 "slivers" of sausage.
- 4remove 6 slices of bacon and cut them in half.
- 5Take one sliver of sausage and place it into the date. It should fit in nicely and not be to big or small (remember, you want to taste the sausage). Now, take one of half slices of bacon and wrap it around the date so that the bacon holds the sausage in the date. The bacon should wrap all the way around the date. Now stick a toothpick through the date to hold it all together.
- 6Repeat this until all the dates are stuffed and wrapped.
- 7Now, place the wrapped dates on a cookie sheet and put them in the oven for 20 minutes (or until the bacon looks crisp).
- 8Let them cool and enjoy.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linguiça-Stuffed Medjool Dates Wrapped With Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.9
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 23.1 mg
- Sodium 283.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: