Recipe by momaphet
I used to have this at The Sanctuary in Chinook, WA. The owner and chef was of Norwegian descent, and with all the elegant dishes I had there, this simple dessert was what I remember most. She always served these upright in wine glasses. Time does not include preparing the Krumkake cones.
- 8 -12 cookies, Krumkake (Zaar won't list Krumkake as an ingredient)
- 1 1⁄2-2 1⁄4 cups lingonberry jam
- 2 -3 cups sweetened whipped cream, made with real cream and vanilla is best
Directions See How It's Made
- Make your Krumkake from your favorite recipe, there are many to choose from here on Zaar. Roll into cones as you make them. These can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container.
- For each person you will want to serve 2- 3 Krumkake.
- Just before serving, spoon or pipe a little cream into the point of the Krumkake.
- Spoon 2- 3 tsp of jam into the cone spreading it slightly in a line most of the way up the cone.
- Fill the cone with whipped cream by spooning or piping, serve up right in wine glasses.
- You can use more or less jam as you prefer.