Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
A lovely one dish meal that's good enough for an informal dinner party.
Make and share this Linefish With Origanum Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 kg roasting potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 5 ml origanum
- 60 ml freshly chopped parsley or 60 ml marjoram
- salt and black pepper
- 60 ml olive oil
- 650 ml vegetable stock or 650 ml water
- 2 kg filleted kingklip fish or 2 kg hake fish or 2 kg other firm-fleshed line fish, cut into portions
- 400 g tomatoes, chopped or 400 g homemade tomato sauce
- 5 ml sugar
- 10 ml capers (optional)
- Layer potatoes, onions, garlic, herbs, seasoning, half the olive oil and all the stock in a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Bake, covered, at 180ºC for 50 to 60 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from oven.
- Place fish on top of potatoes, then top with a layer of tomatoes or tomato sauce, sugar and capers.
- Trickle over remaining oil and add a little extra seasoning.
- Cover and bake at 180ºC for 15 to 20 minutes.