Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 hrs
Great chili for the game....A mans meal. Cook on high for 4 1/2 hours if strapped for time.
- 1 tablespoon chili pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 lb beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb pork stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) jar mild taco sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- sour cream (optional)
- cornbread (optional)
- Combine ground chili pepper and cumin.
- Toss beef and pork with mixture.
- Place onion and pepper in 2 1/2 quart slow cooker; top with meat mixture and taco sauce.
- Cover; cook on low until very tender, about 9 hours.
- In bowl, mash beans with 1/4 cup liquid from chili; stir into hot chili with remaining beans.
- Cover and let stand 10 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley.
- If desired, serve sour cream and cornbread with chili.