1/2 Photos of Lindy's Gluten-Free Dutch Baby (German Pancake or Puff Pancake)
This is the same basic recipe as my Dutch Baby (German Pancake) recipe (#138877) except my talented niece, Lindy was able to find just the right gluten-free flour combo to make this an excellent recipe for those who are gluten intolerant. I often will add 1 to 2 cups of fruit to the top of the batter (blueberries, sliced peaches or sliced apples) just before baking and serve it with maple syrup, powdered sugar and a little lemon juice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Beat eggs until well aerated. Add milk and beat again. Add salt and flours and beat on low, just until blended (I usually use a blender).
- 3Meanwhile, put butter into a 9 x 13 baking dish, or divide it into two round cake pans, or two large cast iron skillets and place in the preheated oven to melt the butter and heat the pan(s). Tip pans to spread butter evenly.
- 4Pour batter into the warm pan(s), top with fruit, if you want to add some and place in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lindy's Gluten-Free Dutch Baby (German Pancake or Puff Pancake)
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.2
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 302.8 mg
- Sodium 333.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 15.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: