Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
My friend Lindsey is a vegetarian. She is always sharing her recipes with me, as I love veggies myself. I made this chili on the stove top, then poured it into my crock pot and simmered it for about 4 hours. It was wonderful. I served it to some of my male friends & they loved it, even with the absence of meat! I used my mini electric chopper and chopped the veggies pretty fine.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 medium squash, finely chopped
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chili beans, undrained (I used medium heat)
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel, undrained (I used the mild)
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can corn, drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 (11 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook about 5 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add the cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Cook a couple minutes.
- Add zucchini, squash, and tomato paste. Cook, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in black beans, chili beans, both cans of tomatoes, and corn. Add the water then bring to a boil.
- This is where I poured all of mine into my crock pot and simmered for about 4 hours. If you would rather go the quicker route, continue to cook on the stove top an additional 20 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Season with additionally cumin, chili powder, salt, or pepper after tasting.