Creamy and dreamy is how my friend Marilyn describes this recipe. A sun-shiney lemon cake that is cool and refreshing. Lemon lovers, this one's for you!
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9x13 cake pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together on low the 1st 6 ingredients. When combined increase speed to medium and mix for an additional 4 minutes.
- Pour into greased 9x13 cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35- 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cake completely.
- Spread lemon pie filling evenly over cooled cake.
- In a large bowl mix together instant lemon pudding mix and milk until thickened.
- Fold cool whip into pudding mixture.
- Spread evenly over lemon pie filling.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Note: I baked the cake in 2-9 inch rounds for about 27 minutes vs a 9x13 :).