Prep 45 mins
Cook 5 mins
This salmon is to die for! It is written for the grill but it can also be done on stove top ... it turns out fine. And it can also be made with or without the salsa. There is a lot of seasoning listed; if you are not preparing the full two pounds of salmon, I would cut how much you use or it will be overpowering. The number of servings will depend on serving size. This was enough for our office potluck of 35 along side other dishes....made minus the salsa and on stovetop : ) I plan on making the full amount of seasoning and storing the extra in a small jar for my next salmon.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 lbs salmon, cut into 4 pieces (preferably wild caught)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin light olive oil
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1⁄2 small red onion, sliced
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 -2 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- Mix the first six ingredients in a small bowl.
- Rub salmon with the dry ingredients and olive oil.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the grill.
- Combine the avocado salsa ingredients in a bowl. Chill until ready to use.
- Grill the salmon to desired doneness (about 5 minutes).
- Top with avocado salsa.