Prep 3 hrs
Cook 5 mins
I had given up ever getting this recipe (and it took a few years) but here it is : ) Posting here so I never lose it. I only took a a spoonful to taste and ending up going back three times (that's okay, everyone else was eating my jello (gmaterry's Strawberry Pretzel Salad ). This recipe is so full of flavor ... I can't make it at home or I'd eat the whole thing myself! Note: Prep time includes refrigeration time.
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 red apple, diced (she didn't specify peeled or not)
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 2 3⁄4 cups water (enough with pineapple juice to make 3 cups)
- Strain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Place drained pineapple and diced apples into a container. Stir well. Cover and place in fridge. [Note: The acidity of the pineapple will keep the apples from browning.].
- Add enough water to the pineapple juice to make 3 cups of liquid. Pour into a saucepan.
- Bring pineapple juice/water to a boil then add the jell-o gelatin. Stir until completely dissolved, about a minute or two.
- Pour into a serving bowl and place in fridge.
- After about 90 minutes, stir in the fruit/cranberries.
- Refrigerate for another hour.